The IMF concluded its evaluation of the FSM's economic standing. Their evaluations are conducted annually and reports indicate the FSM's economy is on a "steady growth path".
Of note in their evaluation:
1. "The FSM economy is highly
Updated on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 4:52PM by Fourth Branch
As of December 5, 2012.
- A State of Emergency has been declared.
- Congress has been asked to appropriate US$10 million for response and recovery efforts.
- Current priorities are shelter, water, sanitation and power. 92 houses have been completely destroyed and 59 houses have major damages. Initial Damage Assessments are continuing, with results still pending.
- No casualties or major injuries have been reported.
- The hospital and clinics will resume normal operations as of today.
- A Recovery Task Force has been established